For travel, location and schedule details: Click here
April 25th-27th, 2014
Ala carte pricing at the door: (cash only)
- Friday evening: $15 at the door
- Friday Late Night: $15 at the door
- Saturday evening: $30 at the door
- Saturday Late night: $10 at the door
Info on the Spring Balboa Workshops With Mikey and Kelly *(weekend workshop that includes the all access dance pass!)
This weekend will feature the very best of live Chicago entertainment all weekend long. We’re talking Swing, Hot Jazz, Blues, and all points in between.
As an added bonus, Hillary Marzec of Inside Chicago Walking Tours is offering discounted walking tours both Saturday and Sunday at noon, for folks interested in checking out the beauty that our city holds. Register here!
The weekend features:
- Evening:You have 2 great options to choose from: A very special Chicago Green Light Exchange evening at Bluetopia, 9pm-12am Chicago’s most established monthly Blues Dance, ~or~ The Sweethearts of the Midwest… The Fat Babies! with their traditional hot jazz tunes. Friday evening is located at Forteza Studio 4437 N Ravenswood.
- 7:30-12am Beginning Balboa Lesson at 8pm, band at 9pm $15 at the door
- Late night: The dapper gents themselves… Morry Sochat and the Special 20s. Amazing Blues in the night located at Lillstreet Loft, 4437 N Ravenswood, up the stairs on the right
- 12am-4am $15 at the door
- 1-3pm: Dancing outdoors at Daley Plaza 50 W. Washington (open to all, and a great all ages event)
- Evening: Music to get your feet moving… The Jake Sanders Quintet. Jazz guitar virtuoso and company. Plus, the swing lover himself….Johnny Boyd and his sensational Swing Lovers Band. Swing, Jump Blues and all points between! The Saturday evening location is Chicago’s own magnificent South Shore Cultural Center, located at 7059 S. South Shore Drive
- 7:30pm-11:30pm $30 at the door
- Late night: An all star jam lead by Jake Sanders, featuring the best that Chicago has to offer, and special guests to keep things jumping! Lillstreet Loft, 4437 N Ravenswood, up the stairs on the right.
- 1:00am-4:30am $10 at the door
- 10:30am-1:30pm: Chicago’s own…The 12th Street Ramblers at Scarfuri Bakery, 1337 W. Taylor Street. Nothing like starting your day off right!
- 2-4pm: The Bally Hoo! at the Chicago Cultural Center , 78 E. Washington Street, in the “Mecca Flat Blues” exhibition hall. Free for everyone, and a perfect all ages event.
- 8-12am: Let’s see how many folks we can possibly squeeze into the Honky Tonk BBQ! located at 1800 S. Racine
Check out the details about the Bally Hoo! at the Chicago Cultural Center!